Thursday, September 4, 2008

September 4th, 2008


Anyone that knows me doesn't expect much during the Devil's season. This of course being summertime. I become a recluse and a depressed one at that. Having scottish/german/french blood made me white and moley and loving cold weather. I also allow myself to become ridiculously fat during the summer as I self medicate with food and reason the heat to be the culprit for not exercising. However yesterday brought about a promise of a new season. We had a cold front push through and my energy came back. I was out of my pajamas before noon. I even bolted out of bed to take a picture of the suburbian sunrise.


The best part of the day was hearing from my brother Noel. His wife Amanda (who went into labor on Labor Day) delivered a wee teeny beautiful baby girl named Waimea (Why-may-uh). Amanda is Hawaiian and named her daughter after the famous beach in Hawaii. I am officially an Aunt! I'll post pictures when I get them. Thank you little brother for getting our parent's attention off of my non-producing loins for a while. Whewwww!!
You know I'm in a good mood when I start taking pictures again. Here are some from yesterday:
Bailey's Recliner

The Chihuahua (Buddha) considers
himself royalty and typically lays around
the house like a cat. He loves to watch Eric
and Samson grill. And yes, our Great Dane
actually helps Eric grill.







We polished off our grilled chicken and watched a storm come in. I was in bed by 9:30 because I wanted to get up early this morning to suck up the little bit of cool air that was left.

View from our front door. Check out the airborn chihuahua:

















This morning called for donuts. I sprung out of bed like Jim Carey in Bruce Almighty. At 8:30 I was at DONUTS ordering $13 worth of the fried yummies. This is after we tore into them. I washed it all down with a half gallon of chocolate milk. Sometimes I think that all I need in this world to be completely happy is Fall, donuts and chocolate milk.













Here is one of my favorite pictures. A scene I see every single day from my corner of the couch. I love all of it except Eric's smoking. Blegh!!







We told the dogs we were going to take them to the park if they were on their best behavior. Chihuahua ran around and picked up all of his toys including my silver polishing cloth that has been missing for months and an old pair of panties that had magically disappeared from the laundry basket. Bailey is always good but I noticed that he made an effort to hold his breath so we didn't get blasted with his halitosis. He's very sensitive about that so I never brought it up. Samson just climbed on the bed and gave me his pitiful "thanks for noticing me" look.



Anyway, enough for today. I'll post the rest of the pictures later!



No comments: