Sunday, May 10, 2009

May 10, 2009

I'd like to kick a shout out to all the mother's today! I hope all of your ingrateful little brats bought you something big and shiny! HAHHAHAHA Just kidding... but that's why I have dogs. Except, I'm rather miffed at them right now. I think they forgot today is Mother's Day. Nothing. Not even a card with a muddy paw print on it. Nope. Here I am slaving away at work on a SUNDAY and you'd think their strangely shaped carnivorous brains would have remembered me. Let's see if they notice when I switch them to Ol' Roy... (which dad will be eating too)

Eric and I went to Hobbs, New Mexico this past Tuesday to deliver a waverunner. We made the trip in one day. It beat the hell out of being stuck in my tiny office with Julia while she hacked up gooey blobs of phlegm all day. She's got the consumption I think. All the doctors in North Texas can't figure out what's festering in her lungs. Poor thing...

Anyway, back to New Mexico. But FIRST-

Here is Eric and his son Drew who just came back for a brief visit from Florida where he was working on an organic farm.
Here is how they normally look:

We left at 5 in the morning in a thunderstorm and daylight dumped a thick fog on us.
Here are some shots I took out of the window at 80 mph. These pictures don't do it justice.




Upon entering Hobbs, the first thing I saw was a meth house. Beware the curse of the four letter word!!
Old Sinclair gas station:
After cotton
One of the coolest things I've ever seen was the Horse Hollow wind energy farm. It is the largest wind energy farm in the world. The windmills are HUGE.





If you haven't seen Star Trek you're in for a real treat. I absolutely loved it! Eric and I went last night and had a blast. The crowd in the theater was full of energy like when the first Jurassic Park came out, or Armageddon. At the end everyone was clapping and cheering. I wet my pants! Just checking to see if you're paying attention. Then on the way home, Eric and I got into an argument about aerodynamics and thrusters because I wanted to know how the hell they built the Starship Enterprise on the ground and got that huge sucker up into space.

Ta Ta For Now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sooooo...i made a new myspace and you should totally make one! it would be easier to keep in touch. come on! i will call you to try and convince you of the matter...btw its amanda. lol.