Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1, 2009

My Day Off...

I decided that today would be a perfect day! Have you ever woke up on the RIGHT side of the bed? It was my own Disney movie. Birds were sitting on the windowsill singing Chim Chim Cher-ee from Mary Poppins. My chihuahua slithered out from under the covers with alligator legs and burrowed into my neck with delicate snarls. My toes went exactly into my house shoes and I twirled around the bedroom in my white satin nightie like Cinderella.

I poured myself a superior cup of coffee, did a heel kick and turned on Regis and Kelly. I recorded The View and rushed to our neighborhood swimming pool hoping to outsmart all the housewives that wouldn't come out until The View was over. As I pulled up to the pool, I saw a mini-van and began to tense up for fear that my perfect day was going to be sabotaged by fun noodles, Marco Polo and shrill screaming. Fortunately, the four children that were swimming around were not completely rotten and actually quite entertaining. One child screamed, "I'll cut your throat and stab you with my gun!" while his opponent declared, "You can't do that! I'm a zombie ninja!"

The best part was when one of the boys took off running around the pool (without scissors for the love of God) and wiped out over a folding beach chair and his mother glanced at me and busted out laughing. The boy was trying so hard not to cry and then yelled at his mom, "Stop laughing at me Mom! It's not funny!" After they left I had the pool all to myself for about an hour. It was pure Heaven.

So now I'm going to curl up on my giant red chair with my chihuahua and a good book while digesting the perfectly steamed asparagus I had for lunch, and relish in life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the only thing your getting is urine pee infested pores from the community pool, the pacific ocean is where its at my sister in law...love ya!

Dad said...

In regards to the first comment, if you had the asparagus before you went in the pool, then the little kids would go home with asparagus tainted pool water on them.

Rhiannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.