Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 10, 2009

Yesterday my chihuahua bit me because I tried to put leg warmers on him. I guess I'd finally gone too far. It wasn't a bone splintering, blood spraying, tendon shredding bite though- just a warning bite. Later on he wanted to have a bite of cheese that I was eating and I told him no because he wouldn't wear the leg warmers. We're still at odds with each other this morning...

I participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure this past Saturday and it was fantastic. It was difficult to take photos at my hastened speed of 3 miles per hour.

Olympic gymnast Nastia Luiken shot the gun that started the race.
Here's the reason you could only walk 3 miles per hour.
It was humbling to see how dedicated some of the participants were. I saw people in wheel chairs and crutches walking in honor of someone they loved. This couple was in front of me and held hands the entire time.

She was so young to have already lost her mother.

Inspiration was everywhere.

All of the VIP's were there!

Here's our group photo.

I look forward to doing this again in October!

No comments: